- Fly to Athens
- Panoramic Tour Enjoy a panoramic to the most important monuments and landmarks of the city including the Panathinaikon stadium, Zappeion, Temple of Olympian Zeus, Hadrian's Arch, Syntagma Square, Parliament, Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Schliemann's House, the Academy, University, National Library, and the old Parliament.
Your Adventure, Day by Day
- Acropolis Take a guided visit of the Acropolis, including the Propylae, Temple of Athena Nike, Parthenon and Erechtheion.
- Acropolis Museum Continue on to the Acropolis Museum, voted one of the best museums in the world.
- Plaka Explore Plaka, the picturesque old part of the city with narrow streets, neo-classical buildings and numerous little shops and tavernas.
- Greek Dance Class Head to the Dora Stratou Institution for a two hour session of Greek dancing. Later, put your skills to the test in the Plaka area!
- Saronic Gulf Cruise Transfer to Trokadero port for a day cruise to the Saronic Gulf Islands.
- Hydra Stop at Hydra, a picturesque little “vehicle free” island. Enjoy an optional donkey ride along the cobble-stoned streets.
- Poros Visit the charming island of Poros, an island rich in vegetation.
- Aegina Enjoy a horse-drawn carriage ride or take an optional visit to the temple of Afea on the island of Aegina.
- Delphi Depart for Delphi, which used to be the most sacred spot in the world and a pilgrimage centre for many centuries in the antiquity.
- Sanctuary of Apollo Visit the most important sacred site in the Greek world. This was a major site for the worship of the god Apollo, believed to have slain the Pytho, a deity who lived here and protected the mythological centre of the earth.
- Walk the Sacred Way
- Temple of Apollo Visit the ruins of the Doric Temple of Apollo.
- Local Museum Continue to a local museum with the famous bronze statue of the Charioteer.
- Return to Athens
- Fly Back to the UK
Want a location that’s not listed above?
If you don’t see the trip or destination you’re looking for, no need to worry. WorldStrides has the power to take you anywhere you want to go. Just click on the button below to begin the journey.