- Fly to Rio de Janeiro Travel to the second largest city of Brazil, often called the 'Marvellous City'.
- Arrive in Rio de Janeiro Arrive in Rio and enjoy dinner before settling into your accommodation.
Rio de JaneiroManausAmazon Rainforest
Your Adventure, Day by Day
- Cog-train to Corcovado Mountain Board a cog-train and ride through the beautiful scenery of Tijuca Forest, up 748 metres to the top of Corcovado Mountain.
- Christ the Redeemer Statue Enjoy a breath-taking view over Rio de Janeiro from the lookout by the towering statue of Christ the Redeemer.
- Rio de Janeiro Beaches See the world-famous beaches of Rio de Janeiro.
- Sugar Loaf Mountain Take a cable car up 390 metres to the top of Sugar Loaf Mountain.
- Downtown Rio Explore downtown Rio including the Candelaria Church, Saint Sebastian Cathedral, Lapa Arches, Municipal Theatre, National Library, Fine Arts Museum and the Sambodrome (site of Rio's famous Carnival parade).
- Walking Tour of Downtown Rio Enjoy a walking tour through the narrow streets and past historical buildings of downtown Rio. The tour includes a visit to Candelaria Church, Praça XV, the "Travessa do Mercado", Imperial Court, the cultural centre located in the beautifully-restored Banco do Brasil, the Casa França-Brasil, Ouvidor Street and Gonçalves Dias Street.
- Olympic Boulevard Take a stroll down Olympic Boulevard, the revitalised Port Zone and one of the most important legacies of the Olympic Games.
- Museum of Art Explore the Museum of Art which features traditional and contemporary Brazilian works of art.
- Museum of Tomorrow Discover this museum which focuses on sustainability through ideas.
- Traditional Brazilian Dinner Tonight, enjoy a traditional Brazilian barbecue dinner.
- Fly to Manaus Travel to the capital of the Amazonas State where you'll stay overnight.
- Travel to the Amazon Transfer to your accommodation in the Amazon Rainforest. Travel half-way by coach and the rest of the way on a motorised canoe.
- Settle into the Amazon Visit the local residents of the Amazon, see the house of flour and learn about the typical fruits of the Amazon and the traditional customs.
- Hike in the Amazon Hike through the jungle, keeping your eyes peeled for exotic wildlife, flora and fauna.
- Piranha Fishing Tour Jump aboard for an afternoon of fishing for razor-toothed piranha.
- Night Tour Enjoy a night tour on a motorised canoe looking out for caimans lurking in the shadows.
- Morning at Leisure
- Visit to a Local Community Visit a local community to learn about the different culture and traditional customs.
- Canoeing Tour Enjoy a leisurely canoeing tour on Acajatuba River.
- Return to Manaus
- Board Your Flight Home
- Arrive Home
Want a location that’s not listed above?
If you don’t see the trip or destination you’re looking for, no need to worry. WorldStrides has the power to take you anywhere you want to go. Just click on the button below to begin the journey.