- Fly to Budapest Fly to Budapest, the capital and largest city of Hungary.
- Begin Exploring Check into your hotel and begin exploring the city.
Castle HillRoyal PalaceThe Historical Museum of BudapestMatthias ChurchState Opera HouseNational Gallery
Your Adventure, Day by Day
- Explore Budapest Enjoy a guided walking tour with your local guide to see some of the highlights of the city including Castle Hill, a world UNESCO site offering beautiful views and endless medieval sites and monuments.
- Royal Palace View the Royal Palace, which was reduced to rubble by bombs in 1944-45 and carefully rebuilt to incorporate all the styles of its historic past. It now houses the Historical Museum of Budapest and the National Gallery.
- Matthias Church Tour Visit Matthias Church, where the last two Hungarian kings were crowned and see Fisherman’s Bastion.
- Danube Boat Tour Take a relaxing boat tour on the Danube River and see some of the highlights of the city from a different perspective.
- Opera House Explore the lavish interior of the Neo-Renaissance Hungarian State Opera House.
- Ludwig Museum Visit Carry on to the Ludwig Museum of Contemporary Art which displays artworks from the past 50 years collected by Peter and Irene Ludwig.
- National Gallery Visit Visit the National Gallery located in Buda Castle. See a range of Hungarian art from the Medieval, Renaissance, Gothic and Baroque periods.
- Return Home Fly back to the UK.
Want a location that’s not listed above?
If you don’t see the trip or destination you’re looking for, no need to worry. WorldStrides has the power to take you anywhere you want to go. Just click on the button below to begin the journey.
Have Questions? We Have Answers.
Where can I find the latest travel advice?
Can you help us promote the tour?
How far in advance do I need to contact you to plan my school trip?