- Arrive in San José Costa Rica is known as the Switzerland of Central America, a country with no armed forces. Arrive in San José, the capital city.
San JoséManuel Antonio National ParkArenalMonteverde Cloud Forest
Take a look inside our Costa Rica trips!
Only six students needed!
Have a smaller group? No problem! On this Shared Perspectives tour, you only need six students for the trip to go ahead.
Your Adventure, Day by Day
- Poás Volcano Journey to the top of the volcano, and peer into the two-mile crater.
- Continue to Arenal
- Hot Springs Visit volcanic hot springs for a relaxing soak!
- Continue to the Monteverde Reserve
- Nature Walk Enjoy an evening guided walk along a nature trail to see the nocturnal wildlife.
- Walking Tour of Cloud Forest Take a morning guided walking tour of the reserve. At an altitude of 4,000 to 5,800 feet, this "cloudy" forest straddles the low continental divide and is known for abundant fauna and flora.
- LEAP Cocina Tica
- Add on: Canopy Zip Line Tour Harness in and soar above the jungle canopy on a thrilling zip line tour that takes you through the Costa Rican rainforest.
- LEAP Costa Rican School Visit
- Continue to Manuel Antonio
- Visit Manuel Antonio National Park Combining white sandy beaches with lush tropical forest, Manuel Antonio is the perfect place to see a variety of Costa Rican wildlife, from white-faced monkeys and sleepy-faced sloths, to green turtles and orange-and-black-shelled land crabs. Explore the cays and inlets of this national park during a full-day excursion.
- LEAP Ox Cart Crafts
- Return to San José
- LEAP Dance the El Torito
- Parting Ways Board your flight home OR choose from one of the following excursions:
- Add on: San José Rafting Days 8 & 9: Add an extra day to your itinerary to experience a white water rafting expedition through the Costa Rican landscape. Drive through the Braulio Carrillo National Park and raft on the Reventazon River.
- Add on: March of the Turtles Volunteer Extension Days 8-15: Extend your stay in Costa Rica by working as a volunteer on a sea turtle research program. Assist sea turtle biologists while you tag and measure turtles, count eggs, mark nests, conduct morning nest surveys, and track surveys and nest inventories. Accommodation and all meals are included on this one week extension.
- Arrive Home
Want a location that’s not listed above?
If you don’t see the trip or destination you’re looking for, no need to worry. WorldStrides has the power to take you anywhere you want to go. Just click on the button below to begin the journey.
Have Questions? We Have Answers.
Do you offer 24-hour emergency support?
What should students pack?
Who does WorldStrides work with to ensure safety?