- Board Your Flight to Delhi
Your Adventure, Day by Day
- Arrive in Delhi
- Sightseeing Tour of Old Delhi Spend the afternoon on a leisurely introductory sightseeing tour of Old Delhi including the dramatic Red Fort and the Jama Masjid Mosque, the largest and one of the most magnificent mosques in India.
- View Parliament House
- Stop at India Gate See this "Arch-de-Triomphe" like war memorial which commemorates the Indian soldiers who lost their lives during World War One.
- Depart Delhi for Amritsar
- Golden Temple Take an early morning visit to the Golden Temple, the holiest shrine for the Sikhs.
- Wagha Border Visit the Wagha Border, an especially interesting experience at sunset when the ‘Retreat’ ceremony takes place.
- Depart for Dharamshala
- Mcleod Ganj Spend the remainder of the afternoon sightseeing in upper Dharamsala town with a visit to Mcleod Ganj, where the residence of His Holiness the Dalai Lama is located.
- Tibetan Sights See all the Tibetan sights including the Tibetan Institute of Performing Arts, the Tibetan Medical Centre and the Tibetan library at Khangchen Kyishong.
- Hike in the Himalayan Foothills Take a short hike to a local village in the Himalayan foothills.
- Travel to Chandigarh
- Rock Gardens Visit the Rock Gardens, an epitome of creativity and innovation. It is a unique garden that consist of various art objects.
- Train to Delhi Transfer to the railway station to board our train to Delhi.
- Continue to Agra Upon arrival, continue to Agra by coach.
- Taj Mahal See with your own eyes the world famous Taj Mahal, constructed by emperor Shah Jahan as a mausoleum for his beloved Queen, Mumtaz Mahal.
- Agra Fort Visit the red sandstone Agra Fort.
- Fly Back to the UK Board your flight in the morning and arrive home in the evening.
Want a location that’s not listed above?
If you don’t see the trip or destination you’re looking for, no need to worry. WorldStrides has the power to take you anywhere you want to go. Just click on the button below to begin the journey.