- Take Off Enjoy your overnight flight to Osaka, Japan.
Only six students needed!
Have a smaller group? No problem! On this Shared Perspectives tour, you only need six students for the trip to go ahead.
Your Adventure, Day by Day
- Welcome to Osaka! Land in Osaka, the international gateway to Japan.
- Tour the City Explore Osaka, the third largest city in Japan. Discover its unique blend of heritage and advanced technology. Experience the fantastic local cuisine and lively culture. Enjoy a guided tour of Osaka Castle, sight of the famous battle between Tokugawa and Hideyor.
- Travel to Kyoto Today, travel to Kyoto. Formerly Japan's capital and the city where emperors lived from 794 until 1868, Kyoto is home to 1,600 Buddhist temples, 400 Shinto shrines, palaces and gardens.
- Guided Exploration With a local guide, see the Golden Pavilion of Kinkakuji, Nijo Castle, and the Heian Shrine, built to celebrate the city's 1100th anniversary.
- Sights of Nara Explore Nara, home to some of the country's oldest Buddhist temples. See free-roaming deer in Nara Park and the famed bronze lanterns of Kasuga Shrine.
- Return to Kyoto
- LEAP Japanese Calligraphy
- Bullet Train to Hakone Speed along at up to 125mph aboard Shinkansen, the Japan Rail Bullet Train.
- Hakone Volcano See Hakone, a 12,385-foot, dormant volcano renowned for its symmetry and serenity.
- Mt. Fuji Visit Japan's most celebrated mountain, Mt. Fuji, the main attraction of the Fuji-Hakone-Izu National Park.
- Travel to the City Arrive in Tokyo, the gleaming, energetic capital of modern Japan. Begin to explore this exciting, thriving city.
- Guided Tour Wonder at the beauty of the Meiji Shrine, the Imperial Palace Plaza, and the National Museum on a tour by a local guide of the city's highlights.
- LEAP Japanese School Visit
- LEAP Japanese Cooking Class!
- Asakusa Kannon Temple Spend the rest of the day visiting the Asakusa Kannon Temple and shopping on Nakamise Street.
- Add on: Scenic Journey to Nikko Opt to visit Nikko, a World Heritage Site and centre of Shinto and Buddhist mountain worship. En route, enjoy some of the most spectacular scenery in Japan. See Toshogu, Japan's most lavishly decorated shrine complex, the temple of Rinnoji, Kegon Waterfall, and streets lined with cypress trees.
- Final Farewells... Board your flight back to the United Kingdom.
Want a location that’s not listed above?
If you don’t see the trip or destination you’re looking for, no need to worry. WorldStrides has the power to take you anywhere you want to go. Just click on the button below to begin the journey.
Have Questions? We Have Answers.
Do you offer 24-hour emergency support?
What is the role of a Tour Director?
Who does WorldStrides work with to ensure safety?