- Fly to Madrid! Begin exploring the vibrant capital of Spain.
- Plaza Mayor Spend time in Plaza Mayor, the main square of Madrid and one of the largest historic squares in Europe.
- Puerta del Sol Explore the Puerta del Sol, another historic square. While here we will view the Kilometre Zero marker, from which all distances in Spain are measured, and Madrid’s symbol, the Madrono.
Reina Sofía Museum
Plaza Mayor, Statue of King Philip III
Royal Palace of Madrid
Your Adventure, Day by Day
- Tour Palacio Real Take a tour of the Palacio Real, a huge palace begun in 1738 on the site of the Madrid Alcázar, which burned to the ground in 1734.
- Walk Through Plaza de España
- Santiago Bernabéu Stadium Tour the home of the Real Madrid football club.
- Prado Museum View Las Meninas in the Prado Museum.
- Reina Sofía Museum Learn about Picasso's Guernica in the Reina Sofía Museum.
- Travel to Toledeo Travel to Toledo by train. The golden medieval city of Toledo is perched on the rugged bluffs of the Rio Tagus.
- Iglesia de Santo Tomé Make a brief visit to the Iglesia de Santo Tomé, where we will view El Greco’s masterpiece, The Burial of the Count of Orgaz.
- Toledo Cathedral Explore the Toledo Cathedral, considered one of the greatest Gothic structures in Spain.
- Return to Madrid
- Flamenco Dance Lessons Clap! Stomp your feet—now flamenco! Professional dancers teach you the history, rhythms, and moves of the gypsy dance that holds a special place in Spanish culture.
- Fly to the United Kingdom
Want a location that’s not listed above?
If you don’t see the trip or destination you’re looking for, no need to worry. WorldStrides has the power to take you anywhere you want to go. Just click on the button below to begin the journey.