- Arrive in Lima Fly across the equator en route to Peru's bustling capital of Lima. Upon arrival, meet your Tour Director and begin exploring.
Only six students needed!
Have a smaller group? No problem! On this Shared Perspectives tour, you only need six students for the trip to go ahead.
Your Adventure, Day by Day
- Discover the 'City of Kings' Join a local guide on a sightseeing tour of the "City of Kings." Note the colonial influence apparent throughout the city, as you see the Lima Cathedral, Plaza de Armas, the church of San Francisco, and the Presidential Palace.
- Larco Museum Visit the Larco Museum, with its private collection of over 45,000 pieces of craftsmanship, showcasing 4,000 years of Peruvian history.
- Fly to Cuzco This morning, fly to Cuzco, the historic capital and heart of the Inca Empire. Take in the sights of the city and surrounding areas, including the Korikancha temple, the ruins of Sacsayhuamán, and the Inca baths of Tampu Machay.
- LEAP Pago a la Tierra
- Visit Pisac and Ollantaytambo Continue your journey along the Inca Trail with an excursion to the towns of Pisac and Ollantaytambo in the valley of the Urubamba. Explore the fortress of Ollantay. Named for the Inca chieftain who once ruled the area, it was the only site in the Americas to successfully withstand the Spanish invasion!
- LEAP Peruvian School Visit
- Explore Machu Picchu Board a train and travel through the Sacred Valley for a full-day excursion to Peru’s most famous destination, the lost Inca city of Machu Picchu. Set on a mountaintop, deep in the jungle, Machu Picchu remained unknown to the outside world until 1911. Take a walking tour of the "Sacred City" with your local guide and enjoy the spectacular views.
- Return to Cuzco
- Discover Puerto Maldonado Travel to the town of Puerto Maldonado in the Amazon basin, the biodiversity capital of the world. Keep a lookout for local wildlife as you travel by motorised canoe into the jungle.
- Jungle Walk Join your local guide for an interpretive jungle walk before getting settled for the night at your Eco-lodge.
- Visit an Oxbow Lake These jungle lakes serve as sanctuaries for a huge variety of animals, including dozens of bird species and fish. See parrots of all kinds, including the magnificent macaw.
- Return to Lima Journey out of the jungle and fly back to Lima.
- Return to the United Kingdom This evening depart on an overnight flight to the United Kingdom. Or, opt to extend your stay in Peru.
- Arrive Home in the United Kingdom
Want a location that’s not listed above?
If you don’t see the trip or destination you’re looking for, no need to worry. WorldStrides has the power to take you anywhere you want to go. Just click on the button below to begin the journey.