- Take-off Board your overnight flight to Sri Lanka
HabaranaPolonnaruwaAnuradhapuraKandyKnuckles MountainsNuwara EliyaAdam's PeakHikkaduwa Beach
Your Adventure, Day by Day
- Arrive in Sri Lanka
- Pinnaweala Elephant Orphanage Visit Pinnaweala Elephant Orphanage, home to 93 Asian elephants. The orphanage was established in 1975 with only seven elephants.
- Depart for Habarana
- Sigiriya Rock Fortress Visit the Sigiriya Rock Fortress, one of the most dramatic, inspiring and beautiful historical locations in the world. Built in 5th century AD by king, Kasyapa, as a fortress-palace, the palace complex at the foot of the rock still has the remains of four indoor swimming pools where the king’s 500 concubines bathed.
- Polonnaruwa Visit Polonnaruwa, the medieval capital of Sri Lanka which was built in the 11th and 12th centuries. See the ruins of the Royal Palace, Lotus Bath and Polonnaruwa Statue and visit the Gal Vihare - splendid statues of the Buddha carved out of rock.
- Visit Anuradhapura Anuradhapura was the first capital and undoubtedly the grandest city of the ancient Sri Lanka. See Sri Maha Bodhi (sacred Bo-Tree), the oldest historically documented tree in the world. Explore the Brazen Palace, Ruwanweliseya and the Isurumuniya rock temple.
- Mihintale Visit Mihintale, a temple on a mountain peak, believed by Sri Lankans to be the site of a meeting between the Buddhist monk Mahinda and King Devanampiyatissa which inaugurated the presence of Buddhism in Sri Lanka.
- Golden Temple of Dambulla Visit the largest and best preserved cave temple complex in Sri Lanka, with a total of 153 Buddha statues.
- Spice Garden in Matale Stop at a spice garden en route to Kandy. Learn about the different spices and see how they're grown and processed.
- Sightseeing Tour of Kandy Enjoy a sightseeing tour of Kandy. Visit the upper lake, an arts and crafts work shop, oriental market place, a bazaar and a gem lapidary where you can see how rough gems are mined cut and polished using traditional methods.
- Temple of the Tooth Relic Visit the Temple of the Tooth Relic which is believed to house the left upper canine tooth of the Lord Buddha himself.
- Cultural Dance Show Enjoy a cultural dance show this evening.
- Corbet's Gap Transfer to the Knuckles mountain range and trek to Corbet's Gap at the foot of the Knuckles Mountains. Enjoy beautiful scenic views of the valley below.
- Return to Kandy
- Sri Baktha Hanuman Temple Visit Sri Baktha Hanuman Temple built on the hills of Ramboda where Hanuman was searching for Sitadevi. On every full moon day, special pujas are conducted and witnessed by thousands.
- Continue to Nuwara Eliya Continue to Nuwara Eliya, also known as "Little England" for its Tudor style bungalows and country feel. En route see the mountains covered with tea bushes and cascading waterfalls.
- Tea Plantation and Tea Factory Visit a tea plantation and tea factory to see the tea making process from start to finish. Afterwards, enjoy a pure Ceylon tea.
- Sightseeing Tour of Nuwara Eliya Enjoy a sightseeing tour in the morning of Nuwara Eliya.
- Continue to Adam's Peak Spend the afternoon at leisure in Adam's Peak.
- Climb Adam's Peak Set off early morning to climb Adam's Peak for a magnificent view at sunrise.
- Travel to Hikkaduwa Beach Travel to Hikkaduwa Beach via Hatton and Kitulgala.
- Hikkaduwa Turtle Sanctuary Visit a turtle hatchery to learn about Sri Lanka's turtle population and the work that the turtle hatchery does.
- Fly back to the UK Fly from Colombo back to the UK.
Want a location that’s not listed above?
If you don’t see the trip or destination you’re looking for, no need to worry. WorldStrides has the power to take you anywhere you want to go. Just click on the button below to begin the journey.